Monday, November 05, 2007

faster mommy

Well Abbie and I went to the park yesterday and I decided we should take a long walk after playing. If you have a 3 year old you know a long walk means one of two things a stroller or a short walk. So we took the stroller. It was a great day for a walk, sunny and cool, I did not notice the breeze until we were walking into the wind. We 2 choices walk back up the big old hill or keep going. The hill looked big to me and I figured the wind would die down eventually. Have you ever spent any time in central Illinois, if you had you'd know there is never a wind that dies down. Tractor trailer flip from our wind, we get snow rolls in the winter from our wind. Think jelly roll only out of snow!

anyway........ so we are walking INTO THE WIND and I run out of energy before I run out of walk so I'm really dragging. We've been walking for about 30 minutes and from the stroller I hear this sweet little voice say

"hey mommy, faster please"
"I can't go faster sweetie"
"please mommy"
"I'm too out of shape to go faster"
"WELL GET INTO SHAPE MOMMY!"

Seriously, I never thought about that. In all honestly we walked for over an hour and it was the last 10 minutes or so walking into the wind that killed me. How is it possible to walk in a circle around the dang park and walk into the wind for all but 1/3 of that walk?

I've got more to blog but I am headed home to see what she thinks I need to get today :)

No comments: