Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Coke or Pepsi

I get a fisher price email, it’s usually full of great things and I like it, not a junk email at all. Well today the parenting question was about soda for 3 year olds. SODA FOR 3 YEAR OLDS, seriously!!!! I hardly give Abbie juice and someone seriously wants to know if it’s ok to give their child soda, not all the time, but at the end of the day as a reward. Look I’ve been feeling guilty using sugar free gum as a reward for my kid and they want to use FULL SUGAR SODA. Just give them some meth. Sorry if you are one of those parents who give their kid soda, but it’s just wrong. The only time Abbie’s ever had any was once she was sick and she wouldn’t drink anything else and I gave her some sugar free sprite just to see if she’d drink that, she didn'tand I’m glad. I drink too much soda, I know it, I know that’s why I don’t have more success with the weight loss thing, it’s why I feel like crap (well partly) and so many other bad things. When I was pregnant aside from the morning sickness and being so overdue the hardest part was not drinking soda, but I did it and I am a SERIOUS DIET COKE GIRL.
Why would I want to introduce that crap to Abbie now, she’s three, she’s got plenty of time for stuff that’s bad for her in the future. When we go out to eat and a waitress asks if she want coke or sprite they are always shocked when I say milk or water. Yes we get her a kid’s shake at Steak & Shake but we go maybe once every six weeks or so and at least there’s milk in there J No soda for Abbie and less and less for me anymore.


Soda, seriously, three years old, unbelievable.

1 comment:

Raquita said...

so you know its not un heard of for Cammy to have a fourth of a soda on sundays with her dads friends. But she not allowed to kill a whole can and its not a daily thing.
but honestly I think everything in moderation is okay.