Wednesday, November 14, 2007

REAL friends

I miss St. Louis with my whole heart. The people, the streets, the smells, the sights everything, even the nasty crazy hoosiers, but mostly for the people. Knowing that no matter when or where I could call and someone would be there. I never had a lot of friends, but all the ones I have are amazing.


Distance does not dictate who our real friends are


What a true statement. I thanked a friend for always reading & responding to my emails. It’s always emails although she’s such a dear friend to me. Every time we’ve moved I have left many friends behind. I am slow to warm to new people, I know not everyone believes it, but it’s true in the beginning. So I’m the kind of person with a few real friends rather than lots and lots of acquaintance friends. I’ve learned over time who the real friends, you know the out of sight, out of contact, but not out of mind sort of friends (well some are out of their minds, but not out of mine) I don’t have a lot of close friends here in town but sometimes I forget how many REAL friends I do have.

if you are reading this I'm guessing you are one of the real friends and I thank you for being there for me.

No comments: