Sunday, August 13, 2006

We did it

Well sort of. Abbie was paci free yesterday except when she was in her bed. I'm hoping today is a little better. We did our best to keep her distracted and occupied, but there were two HUGE SCREAMING FITS. Both times she ended up being driven all over town. We took her to the Farmers Market in Urbana yesterday morning and wouldn't you know she managed to remember for the ENTIRE 25 minute drive that we were evil parents who wouldn't give her a paci :) Once we got there she only asked for it once. Seemed like everywhere I turned there was another stroller with a baby sucking on a paci. We even took her into the toy store at the mall where there are 2 play tables with trains. That seemed to help. By the time we got home we had just enough time to eat lunch before nap time came. Normally she tells us she doesn't want to go down for a nap, but she was happy to because she knew her paci was waiting for her! The afternoon went much the same way. About 7:00 though she remembered what evil parents we were and threw a full on screaming and kicking fit! I felt terrible, but I know the longer we wait the harder it's going to be. I honestly don't think she'll outgrow it. So Rick took her for a ride while I got dinner ready. She didn't eat much and kept saying she wanted to go to bed so I gave up and just put her in bed! She almost never asks to go to bed.

She did ask for a time out yesterday. Or a naughty rug as we call it. She was climbing on a foot stool by the entertainment center and she knows she's not supposed to. I told her she'd have to get down or she'd have to sit on the naughty rug and she just grinned at me. I asked her if she wanted to sit on the naughty rug and she ran right over and sat down. Go figure! But at least she wasn't climbing on the foot stool!

Cross your fingers that today goes ok with no paci. I know she'll be fine tomorrow because she'll be back at school and they don't use them there. She doesn't even have one there and doesn't ask for it. I guess she knows eventually I'll cave in and give it to her. So I guess it's as much about me not giving it to her as her not wanting it.

Ok, boring post, I know! Have a great day :)

No comments: