Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Party

Whew, it's been quite the week. Cleaning and shopping and working all to get ready for a birthday party. I guess it was good. My parents, sister and grandma showed up. A couple girls from work, one of them with a 2 year old also came. There were people who said they'd show who didn't, you know who you are. So we had too much food, but I'm pretty sure that would have happened even if everyone had come. I always make too much. But we did find out Abbie loves left over guacamole, who knew a 2 year old would like green stuff. Big grin and YUMMY!

I didn't remember to take any pictures, but grandma's camera has some. The cake I made Abbie was really cool. I'll post it later. The carrot cake I made Rick was a hit! I need to make it more than once a year. And Rick and I sort of survived the weekend.

We've decided mommy needs a break. I love him and Abbie, but in 2 years I've only been away from Abbie twice overnight and I could use a REALLY good nights sleep followed by a great nap.

K, I'm actually really tired so that's all you'll get for now :)

No comments: