Tuesday, January 27, 2009

words

I got let go a week ago and it's been really quiet. I used to be surrounded by words, words on the computer monitor I looked at all day, words coming through the headset I wore, words from the girls next to me, the people in the next cube, down the hall, from the office I sat next to, words from the three radio's I could hear, sometimes more. Sometimes I thought I would scream if I had to hear another word, and I would come home to my 4 year old, SHE'S A FOUNTAIN OF WORDS, my husband always had some words not many but words, words none the less. Words from the tv, words from the occasional phone call. More words than I needed.

Now, almost no words. The only words I hear most of the day now come from the tv. I thought I could use a little peace and quiet, but I find that it's MUCH too quiet. Not sure I want to go back to all the words I heard a week or so ago that was too much, but this is too much quiet that's for dang sure.

No comments: