Monday, September 15, 2008

that's not him

So we decide, ok I decided it was time to go back to church. I mentioned it and Abbie was shocked at the thought we could actually go to church, so I figured it was time. Well we went yesterday. The left overs of Ike were over head and we got SOAKED. I figured God was just shocked Rick was with us :) Anyway I dropped them off and when I was running in the down pour I dropped my keys in a puddle that was so deep they floated UNDER A CAR. So in the POURING rain I'm not quite on my knees trying to balance my purse, Abbie's back pack, the umbrella and something else to dig my keys out. I got them and got inside.

Abbie was really very good, I was glad. She was curious about many things and whispered a lot of questions. Then I noticed her looking at the crucifix over and over and over, so finally she whispered in my ear "Mommy that's not Jesus Christ it doesn't look at all like him" I guess she was looking for the long brown hair guy.

Then when he talked about remembering those of us who have gone before us to heaven, or what ever the line is, Abbie said pretty loud, Mommy he knows JoAnn and your Grandpa. Funny the things kids hear and remember. Brought tears to my eyes, but reminded me we were in the right place.

No comments: