Monday, September 08, 2008

Dancing

Have you met Abbie? Have you spent any time in her presence when there is music around? She loves to dance right? So I watched for the parks district catalog to come out, they had a dance class that fills right away every time and I managed to be a responsible mommy and get her signed up. We got the shoes, explained what the heck a leotard was, added tights and a matching skirt and she was ready. She had her first class Saturday. I checked to make sure we could watch, sure they said, they were wrong. There's a little window about 12 inches wide and trust me 20 parents don't all fit. anyway, grandma and I left her there for the class and were back before it was over. She looked like she had fun. We played at the playground until some girl told her she shocked her and then we went home. Plastic slides, dry air are apparently not a good combo.

Anyway, in the car on the way home I said so did you have fun. No I don't like dance and I don't want to go back EVER. Ok, chalked it up to being tired? Later I asked her more about it and she said it was boring and she didn't like listening to the teachers voice. LOVELY. I'm not going to force her to do something she dislikes, really I won't, but she has to go back. We paid for the session and she can't just give up after one class.

She spent the week before the class with Grandma & Grandpa, who are wonderful. I'm hoping that she just wasn't ready to listen to the teacher after a week of loving grandparents who think she does almost no wrong. Let's face it who after a week of vacation wants to listen to anyone :)

She's going back on Saturday, it's not ok to give up after just one time right? Cross your fingers.

No comments: