Monday, December 24, 2007

all I want for Christmas








Abbie met with Santa Saturday night. She asked him for a dolly doll, some puzzles and a scooter. As luck would have it all of those things will be under the tree. The scooter is one thing that she's consistantly asked for since before Thanksgiving. I'm not sure where she saw one, but she's convinced it's what she wants, even when we show her pictures she says yes mom, that's it. So we've got the helmet ready for riding tomorrow. I'll post video if I have some time.
Rick and I were talking about Christmas over the weekend. This is only the second Christmas we'll spend away from our extended family. The first one was no fun for either of us. I had the flu and we were just homesick. This year, we are going to miss everyone and being at Grandma's Christmas Eve and Mom's Christmas day, but we are totally looking forward to waking up tomorrow with Abbie. She is TOTALLY excited and really gets it this year.
I'm working today, I'm glad to have a job, but it's no fun working today, and with how strange things have been at work lately I really didn't have much Christmas spirit, but just when I had about given up on Christmas God gave me a 3 year old. Not to remind me about the presents or stuff, but to remind me what Christmas is for, and I can't wait to spend the whole day with Rick and Abbie tomorrow doing not much at all. We are going to get movies, make home made pizza and probably stay in our jammies the majority of the day. I hope you all have a wonderful day how ever you choose to spend it.







Here are some pictures from years past. I found some old ones I'm sneaking into my calendars and scanned them last night.
top row, great great Aunt Kate, Great Grandma, Great Great Grandma
front row Grandma, me & mom






This is Molly


this is me.

No comments: