Tuesday, March 28, 2006

SHE DID WHAT?

I have sort of been potty training the Great Abbie. Mostly we just let her play without a diaper, which she really enjoys by the way. So Sunday morning Daddy was sleeping and she and I were playing. I went into the kitchen for something and I heard an "OOOOOH" from the living room and when I came around there corner she was sort of hoping around yelling "POOPY, POOPY, POOPY" and leaving a little trail of you know what! I laughed so hard I almost fell over. Course before I was done laughing she was headed back to investigate so I had to grab her fast. All was save, and eventually clean, but now she knows where POOPY comes from. She must have said "mommy, poopy" over and over about a thousand times. So much for a peaceful quite Sunday morning.

Sunday afternoon Daddy took her to the park to play on the swings. He's been out with her before, but it's been cold or rainy or we've been out of town for so long that she hasn't been in quite a while. Well he experienced her rath first hand when he tried to bring her in. I was away from the house so I didn't get to see it first hand, but he said she threw a bigger fit than he's ever seen when they came in. There was much wailing and huffing and puffing, and that was just Daddy trying to get her through the door :)

She thinks she's 2 years old more and more often so I'm guessing these posts will get more and more amusing to those of you who don't live with us. Happy Tuesday!

I thought of something I wanted to add. Rick's been working on Abbie's words, but they aren't the kinds of words mom's work on. Not things like red, blue, up down, dog, cat. He's teaching her is words :) Engine, header, flow master, volkswagen, VW, farfegnugen (or however you spell it) We had the most fun going through a Hot Rod the other night and showing her engines, shocks ... She started picking out the engines after a while and had the most fun looking at the flames. Before you know it she'll be the new host of Overhaulin. Which by the way was on the moment she was born! I remember clearly it being on the tv in my room as they wheeled me off for my c section. If only I had known :)

No comments: