Monday, February 22, 2010

quick one :)

Sorry it's been a while since I updated, and this is just a drive by.

Abbie's parent teacher meeting was Friday. She is doing great. However Thursday night every time we would mention the meeting she would change the subject. Pretty sneaky stuff for a five year old. So finally I asked her if there was something she needed to tell us. She took a very deep breath and out came "itwasnaptimeandweweretalkingandshewastalkingtomeandsheaskedustostopandididn'tlistenandsheturnedmycardandi'msorryandididn'tmeanit" followed by a seriously pathetic face and almost tears. Apparently she was talking during nap time and got her card turned, that's like getting your name on the board. So first I told her she was going to be fine, but that I'm sure Ms. Dixon was disappointed that Abbie didn't listen. We had the whole listen to your teacher talk. But good grief you would think she'd been in a fight or something!

When we got to the meeting we told the teacher and she didn't even remember. It's rare for Abbie to get her card turned, but it's always for "chatting" wonder where she gets that. So I told the teacher I used to have to sit BEHIND my teachers desk in first grade.

Abbie also wrote a note for her teacher, she spelled all the words by herself, sealed it with a butterfly in one of her left over Halloween goody bags. What we didn't' realize until the teacher was opening it was that Abbie had "paid" her. There was a quarter in the note. Abbie was so proud it was cute.

anyway, that's it for now. More this weekend & pictures, promise.

1 comment:

VKT said...

Hi there. I found your blog through Friday Follow. If you are interested in becoming a follower of my blog, I will happily follow yours.