Sunday, March 22, 2009

Abbie Hugs

So, no matter what else is going on an Abbie hug makes it all better. Things are crazy lately, no job for me, Rick's job is rocky because it's the same industry I came from (he's feeling secure, but still), every time we turn on the tv there's another story about the recession & job loss, car issues, house issues, kid issues. and then... there's Abbie, sassy as always she can ALWAYS make me laugh (much to her chagrin) and when it's really bad I say "can I have a hug" and she always says "sure mommy" She never says hang on while I finish this row, or let me finish loading the dish washer or any of that stuff, just "sure mommy" and she never asks what's wrong or if every thing's ok. Just squeezes with all her might.

Every day I wonder what I did that God thought to give her to me, but every day I'm so thankful she's mine.

I had a couple friends over last night, we had to run an errand (ok we had to go find chocolate vodka, I'm so embarrassed that I was in a liquor store with her, such a south city hoosier I am) anyway, in the car we were all laughing and goofing around and she piped up something. I'm not sure what she said, but I saw her face in my mirror and she was just pretending she knew what we were talking about and wanted to throw something in the conversation. I CRACKED UP. She's so funny and grown up sometimes and other times she's just that 4 year old little girl. At some point I said what ever to someone and she doesn't believe it's a good word, so she scolded me in the car with my friends. It was so funny listening to her be me, she sounded JUST like me. Sometimes it's nice to hear myself coming out of my mouth, know she's listening and learning from me, other times I just want to roll over and die realizing she's listening to EVERYTHING.


****if you aren't from St. Louis, you may not know hoosier except as in Indiana Hoosier, well where I come from it's not a good thing, but I'm from south city and there's a little hoosier in all of us, at least we had shoes on the baby in the liquor store :)

No comments: