Sunday, November 02, 2008

don't laugh

or disown me or what ever, but we can't start a fire. We can start one in our gas fire place in the living room. That's easy, well so long as it's lit, then we just flip a switch. But not in the fire pit in the back yard. We had some Lowes gift cards and the thing we had them for wasn't as much as I thought it would be, so we got a fire pit. I've wanted one FOR EVER so we got it. WASTE. Ok, so it's just the first night, I'm sure we'll figure it out. We had a difference of opinion. One thought to put some paper and stuff in a pile and then stack the wood around it like a tepee, the other to smash as much paper as possible in a pile and then smash wood on top of it and surround with paper and light. I kept my mouth shut. Neither worked. I don't think the first one got enough of a chance, the other not such a great idea? Who the heck knows. Now we live in the country, this is something we should be able to do.

My family can start a roaring 5 alarm blaze with 1/2 a wet match and a wet noodle. I fondly remember Christmas around the table with candles and fresh pine and snap crackle popping. Then I could start a fire, now not so much.

All we wanted was toasted marshmallows.

No comments: