Monday, July 28, 2008

how old

When you have a child there are so many “how old’s” how old was she when she rolled over, sat up, walked, talked, was potty trained, slept through the night, rode a bike, started school. The list goes on forever. Those are ALL very important things, but here are the how olds I’d love to know, good ones and bad ones

How old will she be before I stop sitting on the end of her bed watching her sleep?
How old will she be before my heart breaks as I walk away from her class room?
How old will she be before I stop waking because I “think” I hear her?
How old will she be before I know if I’d made good choices, at least for some of them?
How old will she be before she realizes I’m not quite so perfect?
How old will she be when we have our first real fight?
How old will she be when she looks at her own baby and wonders if it’s even possible that I ever loved her as much as she loves the baby in her arms?
How old will she be when she looks at her own baby and realizes that I always did and still do love her as much as she loves the baby in her sights?
How old will she be when I stop wondering if I have the right carseat, dr, daycare, tooth paste or what ever it is?How old will she be when she really understands how much I love her and would do ANYTHING for her

1 comment:

Guaca-molly said...

Oh, you got me all teary eyed!