Friday, May 09, 2008

GOOSE EGG

So Abbie's been unusually attached to her father and unusually hateful to her mother, just in time for Mother's Day, wonderful. Tonight she started throwing her fit the SECOND I walked in the door at school. She wrapped it up in time to get in the car and say she didn't want to talk. Ok fine. Then 1/2 way home we had this conversation
"momma what color are your eyes"
"my eyes are hazel (cause the mostly are)"
"momma hazel is the worst color of eyes, I don't like hazel"
silence from me (yes honestly silence)
"momma hazel is the worst color of eyes, I don't like hazel"
silence from me (yes honestly silence)
"momma hazel is the worst color of eyes, I don't like hazel"


yes that many times. What was there for me to say, NOTHING. I know it's a phase, but man am I screwed when she's 14 or 18! So by the time I got home I was ready to hand her off to her precious father and do anything else. As she was getting out of the car she shoved my hand away so I took a step back from the car. She likes to put one hand on the door one on the seat and swing her feet out. So tonight as she swings her feet out her right hand slips and she goes flying at a funky angle just as I'm stepping away from the car, lands with a CRACK on her head and then a flop as her body hits the CEMENT floor of my garage! Much to my relieve IMMEDIATE AND LOUD SCREAMING. Ice, hugs, kisses, feeling of the great goose egg. She is fine. Totally fine, big old goose egg, ok maybe a robin's egg, but still. During the screaming and ice, momma, momma. The precise moment she realized she was not dying, dadda, dadda.

you have got to be kidding me!

No comments: