Monday, March 03, 2008

you'll never know dear

We had a really good weekend. There was a shower for a cousin in St. Louis and we had so much fun. I forget how fun my family is until we get a bunch of us in the same place. There were more generations than I can remember there. Abbie was thrilled about all the cousins.

Our Monday morning, not so nice. Abbie was tired and tired Abbie = crabby Abbie. Even the promise of a library visit did not cheer her up. So we just moved slowly. We did manage to get out the door with a minimum of screeching. It is a gloomy day here. The weekend was such beautiful weather it was just sad to see rain and grey skies. I said something about how ugly the day is, Abbie asked me why it was ugly and I said well the sky is not blue it’s grey and raining and she said

“but mommy, I make you happy when skies are grey”

Do you know the song? You are my sunshine? I sing it all the time, I remember having it sung to me when I was little. I don’t have lots of childhood memories, but I can hear that song. I sang it to her older brother and sister until they moaned at the sound of it, but she never tires of hearing it. I found material with sunshine and hearts printed with the words to the song and made her a quilt, it’s her sunshine blanket. She is my sunshine that is for sure, and today when the skies were grey she did make me happy.

May all your days be happy

No comments: