Sunday, October 08, 2006

Wow has it really been a month?

I did not realize things were quite so busy. Abbie's still doing wonderful at school. Sarah's surgery went really well. And Kirk's on the football team. Rick's been traveling as usual which leaves lots of Abbie and Mommy time which is good and bad :)

We took her to the zoo the last time we were in St. Louis. She was completely non plus (if that's how it's spelled) You know totally not interested or impressed. Even at the penguin house. She was how ever ready to jump in with the ducks and swans, believe it or not we have those here, we don't need to drive 3 hours to get to the zoo!

We also took her to Soulard Market. Grandpa had a buddy playing the banjo so he stopped and played his harmonica. Well Abbie couldn't let the have all the fun so she picked up a harmonica and played for just about an hour. She was so happy it was hard to make her leave. I think I found a way to pay for college! Every time they'd finish a song she'd stomp her little foot and say "another one" or "I'm not done" She was bare foot, it was warm, she hates shoes. I was cracking up watching her, at one point someone walked by and said "that baby ain't got no shoes" I wanted to grab her and tell her she's got shoes, shoes from stride rite, $48 shoes, honest, she just won't wear them :) Osh Kosh, bare feet and jammin on the harmonica! Soon as I figure out how to get the pictures from my mom's phone to here they'll be here. Of course I didn't have a camera with me, I didn't think anything cute would happen amongst the fruit and tiny donuts!

She's talking up a storm these days. Very clearly and some of the things she says make me want to just fall over laughing. Thankfully the worst word she's got from me these days is crap, and I'm really working on it. Sure beats the oh shit she was saying a year ago. Huge long strings of words that actually make a great deal of sense. I'm so amazed who this little person is growing up to be.

more later.

No comments: