Thursday, October 19, 2006

she's perfect

Abbie's wonderful. That's only one of many words I could use to describe her. Last weekend was great. We hung out on Saturday and then got pumpkins on Sunday. She had a blast. She pulled the wagon empty and full and I think she would have walked clear back to the edge of the patch. I'll load pictures soon. But we took them with our camcorder so they are grainy.

She's so funny these days. She'll just say out of the blue "I'm pretty" or "I'm cool". Now that Halloween is coming she's been saying "I'm spooky" Just so many funny things that make me wonder where they are coming from.

Her new favorite cd is Violent Femmes thanks to her Aunt Molly, and although Blister in the Sun is old after the 20th time in a row DANG DOES IT BEAT WHEELS ON THE BUS.

Sad times though. Abbie's wonderful teacher Rachel has found another job. I truly believe Rachel is the reason Abbie settled into Kids 1st so quicly and easily. And I know her smile in the morning is what set my mind at ease those first days. She's moving on to a better job with more security and I'm happy for her, but am oh so sad for Abbie. She only took care of her for almost 2 months, but it came after we'd had so much trouble that I didn't think day care would ever be smooth. We wish her luck, but will miss her every morning. I know that Abbie will be just fine with the new teacher, Miss Patsy and Miss Ashley though. I just hope she stops saying Miss Rachel at dawn before too much longer. It's true, some mornings she wakes up screaming "I want to go see miss rachel!" GOOD LUCK MISS RACHEL.

I'm too tired for more :)

No comments: