Monday, July 17, 2006

How old are you going to be

If you ask Abbie she'll hold up 2 fingers and squeal "TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" If you ask her dad he'll moan and say too old. Yep, it's that time, come Thursday they'll each turn another year older. Just about 8 hours apart. I don't think Abbie understands, but she's excited about the party.

She's also thrilled with the kitchen we got from her Grandma. I'll take pictures and post them just as soon as I remember to charge up the batteries for our camera. Ah the love of digital media :) She stood and played at her kitchen most of yesterday. And everything she made was delicious.

Speaking of delicious. We were at dinner for a friend last night and coming back she finished just about every liquid item in our car. She was screaming, yes screaming for a drink so I broke down and put some of my Sprite in her cup. I would normally NEVER do this, but she was so pathetic and considering the place we went to dinner is the next town in the middle of no where away there wasn't anywhere for a LONG time to stop. So I caved and Sprite she drank. With each swig she would say "mmmmm licious" Which translates to Yummy, delicious, that is if you speak toddler :)

She's getting so big. This week will be her last week in the "toddler" room. The room she's going to has a potty schedule listed. Never occurred to me to have a schedule, I just go whenever :) Abbie's doing the same thing, but in her diaper. I'm trying to decide what I'll stop buying first. Paci's or diapers. We were down to about 3 pacis, pretty good considering our high was probably about 18. Please, if you've ever been a parent to a baby on a paci, you know that's not enough :) We were running errands on Saturday morning and the last one we had with us magically disappeared at the Farmers Market. I have no idea when she ditched it or where it went. When she asked for it we calmly explained to her that it was gone, she threw it, no throwing and now no paci. She calmly explained to us she didn't care and there would be a new paci at the earliest convenience. Now let me translate that to toddler, for those of you who have never met a toddler.

I DON'T CARE WHERE THE HELL IT COMES FROM BUT THERE HAD BETTER BE ANOTHER DAMN PACI IN MY MOUTH IN ABOUT 10 SECONDS OR THERE'S GOING TO BE A SERIOUS MELT DOWN. please and thank you by the way.

Seriously, I'm convinced that's exactly what she was thinking. All I know for sure is that we were running late to drop me off to have lunch with a friend and I had to stop at Hallmark before I could meet her and yet there I was standing in line at the Walgreens with a pack of paci's in my hand. I SWORE I would not buy another package for Abbie EVER FOR ANY REASON and I actually was considering buying every last one they had and it didn't bother me in the least to be paying 5.99 for 2 of them. She's going to be how old? 2 and I figure she'll go to big girl school with one. I've been teaching her about being a "big girl" Here's how the conversation goes.

Say I"m a big girl
abbie "I'm a big girl"
me no crying
abbie "no crying"
me no paci
abbie "no paci" followed by a wicked giggle all without letting her paci slip from the clenched bite she's got on it! Did you know they make paci's for 24-36 months! Thank heavens because the 12 month ones she can fit all the way in her mouth, ring and all.

Anyway, she'll be 2 and I'm pretty sure she'll still be using a paci considering Thursday is just a couple days away. And I'm pretty sure I'll be done buying diapers before I'm done with the paci, much to her grandparents chagrin.

Pass the basket for the paci collection and I'll let you know what it's like to have a 2 year old soon.

1 comment:

Raquita said...

Cammy's still on the paci- which she calls her BinkyBinky. Her Granny is so against it - its not allowed in her house, my whole thing is, until you stay up for three hours past your bed time - not hers - trying to clam the request for a binky (which looks amazingly like Abbys request for a paci) shut the hell up and let me be the parent, I get the bill for braces not you so BACK IT UP! I wish it had come out like hta but it didn't.