Monday, June 12, 2006

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!

That's all I have to say. And those of you with toddlers or who have had toddlers stop laughing right now, those of you who haven't had kids yet you just wait!

I love Abbie so much, but whew she's something else. She and I were home alone this weekend. For the most part we had a pretty great weekend. We hung out, went shopping, played outside when it wasn't raining and just had girl time. Her dad got home last night before bed time and from the second he walked in the door she was done with me. Ok, that's ok because I needed a little break. OK A BIG BREAK. Until she went to bed. She screamed, AND I MEAN SCREAMED for me for a loooooooonnnnnnnnnng time. As soon as I went in there she laid down and was right to sleep, but every night it's like that! Ok, I know I should probably stop going in because that's what she wants, but like I said, have toddlers quit laughing no kids just wait :)

This morning was ok, but she didn't want me to do anything for her. So she told me no over and over. I've even taught her to say stop that please, so that if we are tickling or something and she doesn't want to she can say it. Boy that backfired! Stop that please doesn't sound quite so polite when an almost 2 year old is shrieking it at you! Then we got to school and she wouldn't let go of me. We went from stop that please to never stop holding me in 10 seconds flat. All in the time it took to walk from the car to the front door! Go figure. She doesn't do it for her dad, well not nearly so bad.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not spending enough time with her and leave her too much, but then when I go to leave her and she's so cranky I wonder if I don't leave and come back enough! Damned if you do and damned if you don't I suppose.

And since she learned the word no that's all she says! If she wants something she'll say no even if it's the first, third or last thing you ask her about. And then as soon as you stop asking and give up she heads right for it! Laughing again aren't you :) I know I am thinking back on this weekend.

Anyway, Rick is headed for California Wednesday and won't be home until Sunday or Monday I forget which, so cross your fingers we make it with all our hair and a minimum of tears :) I suppose his Father's day present is to go to wake up to an alarm rather than Abbie screaming.

Oh, hysterical story. In the mornings sometimes we'll let Abbie lay with us in bed, sometimes without a diaper. Well one morning last week she was sitting on the pillow next to Rick head and yep you guessed it. All of the sudden I heard the sweetest loudest "OOOOOHHHHH" followed by her daddy yelping and jumping out of bed. Sure enough she about peed on his face. Sorry, I couldn't resist sharing.

1 comment:

Raquita said...

THAT story is hilarious. Tell Rick I said Hi...